Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Quotes from Kaylie

If you know Kaylie, you know she comes up with some great one-liners (and two and three liners).  She cracks me up all the time, and the best part is when I totally crack up she says "What?!?" - she has no clue how funny she is and isn't usually saying things to get a laugh, she just has a unique way of looking at life.  Here are some recent gems:  (not as funny if you don't know Kaylie and can't read them in her voice, but I found them entertaining)

• Walking up to my grandparent’s wreath decorated door –
   Me: Oh, look at Nana and Papa’s cute wreath
   K: Yes, it adds such a charming touch

• In the car –
  Hannah: What was I about to say to you [Mom]?
  Me: I love you Mom, you are the best mom ever and I am so lucky to have you as a mom?
 K: I was about to say that! (pause) Not really.

• On the way home from school –
  K: Mom, Allen said my mouse [her new KinzClip] is a rat. I said, “No, it’s not, it’s a mouse. M-O-U-S-E, mouse. And he said R-A-T, rat! [more talking about rat v. mouse]…and it has a furless pink tail, which I am kind of creeped out by the furless part….[and on and on…much more than one ever needed to know about stuffed mini-mice - this one was just funny because she kept going and the tone of voice she had]

• In her book report – (please don’t think this is mean)
  Then Old Nimrod died on the altar steps. (He was on an altar then when he died.)  [This is a direct quote from the report.]

• When I was sick recently –

   I think you are getting pregnant again

• Explaining to me why she wanted a book on “dog language” for Christmas –
   Well, I just wanted to be able to understand Archie and Marvin [our dogs].

No comments: