Tuesday, March 23, 2010

God is always speaking...

I wanted to share with you this email from a co-worker whose husband was recently diagnosed with cancer.  It is an encouraging testimony of God's faithfulness, presence, and amazing timing.  How cool is it that God spoke to them right where they were with the encouragement they needed!  (Yesterday was the day they met with the doctors to find out if recent tests showed his cancer had spread.) 

Please forgive me for one more e-mail. But I am compelled to share with you the verses God has given us yesterday and today.


Yesterday morning on the Promises Calendar on my desk: I Peter 1:6 (TLB)
“So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down there."

This morning on our calendar in the workroom: Psalm 27:14
“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”

This morning on my Promises Calendar on my desk, this thought for today:
Add to your joy by counting your blessings.


We are looking for the wonderful joy ahead, waiting for the Lord, and counting our blessings.

My prayer is that you find these verses and thoughts encouraging for you with any trials you are facing or that you will use them to help others you know who are in need of encouragement.

No comments: