Saturday, July 10, 2010

Get back up again

So what is this, day 2 of the new Mediterranean-eating me and I am already a mess.  Except for having some yogurt and not eating a hamburger, I don't think I was very Mediterranean at all today.  I am sure the 500+ calories I consumed eating a Reese's Cup Blizzard are NOT part of the plan.  Can you see a lady sunbathing on the beach in the south of France while downing a Blizzard?  Probably not.

But I did try to end the day on a positive note and for that I am proud.  Went on a bike ride and actually rode in the street.  (No, not in the middle of the street)  Usually I ride in our neighborhood, around the school adjacent to our neighborhood, or on a bike path.  The street scares me.  My old boss was hit while biking on the roads near her home and my Jim was hit by a car when crossing the street (not on a bike, but still enough to make me nervous).  Both of them walked away with no major injuries, but I don't want to push it.

I did it, though.  I rode in a big square on the streets near the house.  A square so I wouldn't have to make left turns (did I mention I feel like an idiot trying to do those bike signals they taught us in elementary school that no one actually uses?).  AND I kept going even when I realized my grand plan involved going over the railroad tracks.  Twice.  God was very good to me and kept me out of any hazardous situations, for which I am very grateful.

So I turned a bad day upside down and ended it on a good note.  (Yay, me!)  Now I feel much better and I am ready to conquer tomorrow - the Mediterranean way!  (but not topless)

No comments: