Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thank you notes


So I am finally remembering to have the girls write their thank you notes for their birthday gifts. It is one of those things that if I don't do it right that instant, it keeps slipping my mind because I forget we haven't done it yet. So, eons later, here we are doing the thank you notes. Their note writing leaves a little something to be desired, though. For example, here is one of Hannah's lovely notes: "Dear Nana, Thanks for the birthday money. I don't know what I am going to do with it, though." Well, Hannah - give it to me, I have plenty of ideas. I tried to explain that she didn't sound super-grateful and she wants to sound appreciative of the gift, so they know she liked it. Kaylie chimes in, "and so they will want to give us more presents!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep! That's how it works.............be grateful; get more gifts!

I would love to read more and catch up on all that I have missed from you blog, but there are presents to be wrapped (fun) and a house to be cleaned (drat)...........So, have to go!

Diane