Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow Emergency French Toast



I am a dramatic person, but not a melodramatic person.  I don't panic and go wacko over little stuff.  Well, unless it is a pet peeve, but those are different, right?  But when we are supposed to get, say, four to six inches of snow, I don't go into a tizzy.  Apparently I am in the minority.

I could go on and on about this, but here is the thing:  you are afraid you won't be able to get out of the house for days; or that you will get out of the house and down the road to the market and they'll be out of food because the trucks can't get through.  So you go to the market and think "What can I not live without for the next two days while I wait for the plows to come?" (plow the 2 inches of snow we usually end up getting when they forecast 6).  And you come up with milk, bread, and eggs??  Seriously?  This is as creative as people get I guess.  Me, if I was into that type of panic, I'd grab coffee, chocolate, and maybe some fruit so I wouldn't get scurvy.

My dad says people have to get their ingredients for Snow Emergency French Toast.

The local ABC station had a poll on their website today:  Do you typically go to a store to buy milk, bread, and/or eggs before a winter storm?  Somebody is lying because the percent of people who said no was 60% as of this evening.  It sure seems like more than 40% of the population is at the market when these storms are predicted.  I know.  I have been unfortunate enough to actually be out of something I need and been forced to go to the market when people are in panic mode.  That's an awful lot of people "not" buying milk, bread, and eggs.  And don't tell me that they are there to buy other stuff.  I have seen the egg and milk cases and the cartons (or lack thereof) don't lie.

Some day, my family is going to starve and the French Toasties can tell me "I told you so", but until then, I am stubbornly remaining steadfast.

And don't even get me started on the people who show up for work or an event and tell me how horrible the roads are.  Oh, you mean the roads I was just driving on, but still managed to get to work on time?  Those roads?

No comments: