Monday, April 20, 2009

Smooth Talker

We were at Bob Evans with our good friends the Breens after church on Sunday. The girls were at one table and we were at another table. Kaylie had finished her lunch and came over to ask Jim something. She starts out talking to Jim about something random and Jim leans over and whispers to me, "Can I have your biscuit?" indicating what he is certain she is leading up to. Sure enough Kaylie asks if "Mr. and Mrs. Breen can come over to our house after lunch" and then without pausing or even missing the slightest beat adds "Can I have that biscuit?" I think she was hoping one yes would cover both questions since she asked them so close together.

I read on another blog about creating a Laugh Book - a journal for each of your kids where you record all the wonderful things they say. (http://alastingfoundation.blogspot.com/) I think I am going to have to stick a notebook in the car just for this because even though the girls are getting older, they still say so much that just cracks me up (especially when they have conversations between themselves), or is really touching but I have trouble remembering it . I wish I had thought to do this 10 1/2 years ago when Hannah was born. :( I have some stories recorded, but not near as many as I wish I did.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

that is hilarious! What a great skill!