Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hallelujah!!

Yee hah!!!  So much rejoicing today as Hannah got up before her new family and dedicated herself to Christ today in baptism!  The joy in my heart is overflowing and spilling out - usually in the form of tears.  Which is appropriate, as when Hannah was born 11 years ago, I became a total sap.  So here we are and have come full circle.

For the first time ever in my life, I wrote notes out on my hand (I kid you not) because I was so worried that I was going to get into the baptistry, turn into a blubber of mush, and forget everything that was on my heart to say.  Even with that, I still missed one of my thoughts, but it is all still good.  The message was delivered.  If you weren't there, you missed a beautiful thing.  I am partial, but I am thinking it is the mostest beautifulest baptism ever.  But again, I am partial.

If you missed it, here is a quick recap:

Before....


During...(wish I could tell you what I was saying here.  I know I was crying...)


After!!!!  Hurrah!!!


After, after.


Me and my precious treasures!!

3 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

What a WONDERFUL thing to celebrate!!! Tell Hannah that even in TX there are people praying for her and celebrating this beautiful step she has taken!

tricia said...

Thank you so much!! It means the world to us! I told Hannah what you said and she said "Awww....I don't want to cry." She is a sap like her mother.

Anonymous said...

Happy day; for two reasons! Happy celebration of your birth on this earth, Hannah! And, 'Happy celebration' of this jubilant acknowledgment of your witnessed entrance (before God and others) of identification with the giver of life and with his solution for our sin! Identifying yourself publicly with the death and resurrection of Jesus is a very powerful witness, and it is a very powerful confession! God bless!

Diane W.